AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (machine learning) and Blockchain technology in combination that listens/reads to conversations, news etc. and fact-checks the statements in real-time.
Upon detection of nonsense, a notification goes off.
- Protect people from the spread of misinformation
- This will give an trusted impact to the accuracy of the Blockchain technology
- Protect Data Security
How it works – Face2Face or written words/Internet etc.
Let me start by saying that the technology might not be quite there yet, but we should be pretty close.
- Two people are having a conversation and one of them decides that it would be a good idea to fact-check everything they say. They turn on the app on one of their phones.
There is a news and the consumer decides that it would be a good idea to fact-check everything they say. They turn on the app on ohis phone.
- The AI listens to speech and converts it to text in real-time.
The AI reads the written word.
Sentences that don’t sound right to GPT3 are ignored. We can assume that the software did not properly understand/convert the speech to text. As the technology evolves the number of ignored sentences should be reduced.
Sentences that seem ok when convereted to text are fact-checked online.
is detected, a discreet notification beep/light goes off.
The speaker can elaborate on what they said to provide more context and see if this passes without triggering the notification.
Either way, the conversation continues.
At the end of the conversation the entire transcription is sent to both parties. The misconceptions are marked and resources to proper information linked on the side.
If the software made a mistake in identifying misconceptions, any of the conversation participants can set it straight (provide citations and quote reputable sources). This gets reviewed by the app moderators/developers that continuously work on improvements.
Depending on the purpose of the conversation, the software can be configured to detect different things. For example people can opt to be defended from logical fallacies, manipulative sales, etc.
The idea is to create an open database of all Datas ever made and and all data to come. Each Data should be well researched to find:
- its origin
- the author
- the reason it spread
- circles where it spreads
- link it to evidence-based explainers
that prove it wrong
- explain the fears, logical fallacies, and biases that are at play in people that are drawn to it
- link it to a group of similar facts
- who and how they benefit by creating/spreading it
- anything else?
Anyone should be able to add new facts but each should be researched and worked on before it goes public on the database website. The system would function similarly to Wikipedia but bigger.
The ultimate goal of such a database is to help teach people how to better filter information they consume and to socialize data again.